Tips for Planning Your Visit to Brys this Fall
The golden season is here again. Temperatures are dropping, grapes are ripening, leaves are changing, and the wine is flowing! Join us this autumn and experience nature's season finale!
Here are 10 tips from the Brys team on making your visit the best it can be!
1. Consider visiting on a weekday
If you're planning a trip to the Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail and our winery, we highly recommend visiting during the week. Weekends (Saturdays in particular) are our most highly trafficked days of the year.
2. If visiting on a Saturday, consider visiting outside of our peak hours of 2-4 pm
If you are planning a weekend visit, please make a reservation, if you're able, or consider visiting before 2 pm.
3. For a seated Wine Country experience, check for Upper Deck reservation availability using our
online reservation calendar (it shows real-time availability)
Most reservations for October Saturdays are currently taken, but we have weekday availability! Please check our online reservation calendar before calling. Guests without a reservation may try for a walk-in table (we do not book every table in advance)
or plan to visit our Lawn Bar.
4. Know that if it's raining, walk-in availability will be very limited, and our Lawn Bar area may be closed
In the case of inclement weather, guests with reservations will be seated indoors and table availability will be decreased significantly. If it's only lightly raining, the Lawn Bar will remain open. However, Lawn Bar seating is not covered.
5. Tune in to the weather forecast and dress accordingly
All services will be held outdoors and covered seating is not available. Remember your jacket and bundle up! Small blankets are welcome.
6. Research the wineries you'd like to visit in advance so you have an understanding of their services
If you haven't visited the wineries since 2020, please note that many wineries have adjusted their service offerings or styles in light of COVID-19. We suggest planning your visit in advance by researching their offerings or giving them a call directly to learn more!
7. Please, be patient with our staff members!
Our hard-working staff members will be doing their best every day this fall season to provide you a great experience. Due to the larger number of guests visiting, and some new staff joining the team, wait times may be increased. We assure you we will be doing all that we can to provide you fabulous customer service and we thank you in advance for your understanding.
8. Carpool and/or utilize a local shuttle service or driver
UBER & Lyft are often times unreliable and therefore we do not recommend utilizing their services. For a list of local transportation companies click here.
9. Please, do not visit if you or other members of your group are feeling ill.
For the health and safety of our staff members and other patrons, please stay home if you are not well.
10. MOST IMPORTANTLY - Take in the views and enjoy the wine!
We look forward to welcoming you this fall and providing you an enjoyable and safe experience!
Answers to FAQ's about our offerings at this time can be found here.