Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground beef (15% fat)
- 1/2 lb Ground pork
- 2/3 cup Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (for spicier meatballs, use 1/2 tsp)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley (packed)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 tsps Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
1 medium yellow onion - diced
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup Brys Estate Cab/Merlot
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp (packed) chopped parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1) In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Mix, then lightly form mixture into 2 inch balls. (Recipe makes 12-14 meatballs)
2) In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add half of the meatballs, careful not to crowd the pan. Brown the meatballs on all sides, then transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
3) Pour off oil and grease from the bottom of the pot, then add a drizzle of fresh olive oil.
4) Add onion to the pot and saute over medium heat until translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 more minute.
5) Add wine then using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook the wine until it is reduced by half.
6) Add the crushed tomatoes, parsely, salt & pepper. Stir. Add meatballs back to the pot, then bring to a simmer. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
7) Serve meatballs over spaghetti and top with freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley.