Tasting Room Servers and Staff for August, September, & October Weekends!
We are looking for all-star guest service providers to join our team for weekends in August, September, and October specifically!
Ideal candidates will have the ability to represent the Brys organization in a professional manner, intelligently share information about our wines and services, appropriately encourage sales, and have the desire to help create unforgettable guest experiences.
Previous service experience is preferred. Previous wine knowledge is helpful but not required.
At this time, possible work positions include:
- Table Server
- Table Busser
- Barback (for Upper Deck or Lawn Bar service)
- Retail & Bottle Sales
- Kitchen Staff (we are not a full service restaurant; food items include cheese boards)
Possible duties include (but are not limited to):
- Serve guests seated at tables on the Upper Deck or inside the tasting room
- Provide accurate information and answer questions about our wines, service options, property, history, sales/promotions, Secret Garden, Wine Club, special events, and more
- Provide water service to tables and bus guest areas (remove glassware and finished cheese boards, clean and sanitize tables, etc.)
- Pour wine for servers or guests on Upper Deck, at Lawn Bar or inside the tasting room, and keep glassware clean and stocked behind the bar
- Operate our POS system using an iPad and handle cash and credit card sales
- Assist with the opening and closing procedures, and ongoing tasting room, Upper Deck, and Lawn Bar maintenance and cleanliness
- (Kitchen Staff) Prepare food items for cheese boards, as well as craft and deliver cheese boards to guests, clean dishware, and assist with glassware polishing
- Working weekends and some summer holidays
Ideal candidates will possess the ability to:
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in accordance with dress code
- Engage in friendly, courteous guest interactions
- Communicate effectively with a diverse mix of guests and coworkers
- Operate iPads and have knowledge of basic computer functions
- Be on their feet for long stretches of time
- Lift, load, and carry 50lbs (case of wine)
- Carry out written and oral instructions from tasting room management and supervisors
- Share general tourism information of the surrounding area
- Base pay $11 per hour. Typical take home $25 - $30 per hour with gratuity share.
- Great employee discounts: 50% off bottle purchases, 25% of retail items, 50% off wine by the glass and food
Come and work for the locally voted Favorite Winery in Traverse City for 3 years running (2020, 2021, and 2022)!
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share a bit about yourself and why you’re interested in a position at Brys Estate. Please also include a copy of your resume as well your ideal start date and general overview of your availability.