- Burrito sized (or larger) flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Base sauce (pizza sauce, alfredo, olive oil, truffle oil, pesto, barbeque sauce, etc)
- Your favorite toppings and cheese - see examples
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place 2 burrito sized tortillas on a cookie sheet.
Choose a base sauce to work with (pizza sauce, alfredo, olive oil, truffle oil, pesto, barbeque sauce, etc.) and lightly spread the sauce over each tortilla, leaving a half inch border around the edges. The secret here is to use a small amount of sauce so that the pizza is as crispy as possible.
Layer on your favorite toppings and cheese. See examples below.
Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the cheese is browning and the edges of the pizza are brown and crisp but not burnt. If you are cooking more than one cookie sheet, note that the pizzas on the top rack will cook faster than those on the bottom rack.
Slice the pizza in 4 slices and top with arugula, basil, fennel or your favorite topping. Enjoy!
- Base Sauce: Pizza Sauce
- Hand Sliced Pepperoni
- Green Peppers
- Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- Red Onion
- Goat Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- After cooking top with Arugula
Asparagus, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese
- Base Sauce: store bought Alfredo
- Asparagus (chopped and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper)
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Goat Cheese
- After cooking top with fresh chopped Basil
Sausage, Fennel & Fontina
- Base Sauce: Olive Oil
- Sauteed Sweet Italian Sausage
- Sliced Fennel and Red Onion (sauteed with olive oil, salt & pepper)
- Fontina cheese
- After cooking top with fresh fennel fronds
Truffle Oil, Shiitake & Ricotta
- Base Sauce: Truffle Oil
- Sliced Shittake Mushrooms
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh Ricotta cheese
- Fresh Thyme leaves
- Roasted Garlic